Monday, May 17, 2010

I Need That "Crunch"!

Nothing goes better with a sandwich than potato chips.  Am I right?  The problem is that potato chips are terrible for you in them amounts that I know I want to eat them.  So what is a good alternative?

How about a cucumber?  You get the "crunch" and they are next to nothing in calories.  I had a hot dog today (a good, beef, non-nitrate filled hot dog, not a "frank") with a side of cuc's.  :)



Here's the rest:

One medium cucumber is a good source for Vitamin's A, C, and K.  It's also good for Omega 6 fatty acid, calcium, Magnesium and Potassium.  Only 24 calories in a medium sized cucumber... You really can't go wrong!

How's that for crunch?  Just sprinkle a little salt and pepper on them and you've got a great chip alternative.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment